MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Revenue)
(CENTRAL BOARD OF DIRECT TAXES)
New Delhi, the 22nd August, 2022
G.S.R. 647(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (2) of section 115TD read with section 295, of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961), the Central Board of Direct Taxes hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Income-tax Rules, 1962, namely:-
- Short title and commencement.—(1) These rules may be called the Income-tax (Twenty Eighth Amendment) Rules, 2022.
(2) They shall come into force from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette.
- In the Income-tax Rules, 1962, in rule 17CB,—
- for the words “trust or institution” wherever they occur, the words “specified person” shall be substituted;
- in Explanation, after clause (h), the following clause shall be inserted, namely:-
‘(ha) “specified person” shall have the same meaning as assigned to it in clause (iia) of the
Explanation to section 115TD;’.
NEHA SAHAY, Under Secy.
Note: The principal rules were published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part-II, Section-3, Sub- section (ii) vide number S.O. 969 (E) dated the 26th March, 1962 and last amended vide notification number G.S.R 636(E) dated 18th August, 2022.