MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Revenue)
(CENTRAL BOARD OF DIRECT TAXES)
New Delhi, the 29th March, 2022
S.O. 1466(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-sections (1) and (2) of section 151A of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961), the Central Government hereby makes the following Scheme,
- Short title and commencement.—(1) This Scheme may be called the e-Assessment of Income Escaping Assessment Scheme, 2022.
(2) It shall come into force with effect from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette.
- Definitions.––(1) In this Scheme, unless the context otherwise requires, ––
(a) ―Act‖ means the Income-tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961);
(b) ―automated allocation‖ means an algorithm for randomized allocation of cases, by using
suitable technological tools, including artificial intelligence and machine learning, with a view to
optimize the use of resources.
(2) Words and expressions used herein and not defined, but defined in the Act, shall have the meaning
respectively assigned to them in the Act.
- Scope of the Scheme.––For the purpose of this Scheme,––
(a) assessment, reassessment or re computation under section 147 of the Act,
(b) issuance of notice under section 148 of the Act,
shall be through automated allocation, in accordance with risk management strategy formulated by the
Board as referred to in section 148 of the Act for issuance of notice, and in a faceless manner, to
the extent provided in section 144B of the Act with reference to making assessment or reassessment
of total income or loss of assessee.
[Notification No. 18/2022/F. No. 370142/16/2022-TPL(Part1]
SHEFALI SINGH, Under Secy.