2. THE GAZETTE OF INDIA : EXTRAORDINARY [PART II—SEC. 3(ii)]
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Revenue)
(CENTRAL BOARD OF DIRECT TAXES)
New Delhi, the 19th March, 2019
S.O. 1397(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (46) of section 10 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961), the Central Government hereby notifies for the purposes of the said clause, ‘Andhra Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission’, Hyderabad, a Commission constituted under the Andhra Pradesh Electricity Reforms Act, 1998 (Government of Andhra Pradesh Act 30 of 1998), in respect of the following specified income arising to that Commission, namely:—
- License fee received under the Electricity Act, 2003;
- Grants-in-Aid received from Government; and
- Interest earned on (a) & (b) above.
- This notification shall be effective subject to the conditions that Andhra Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission, Hyderabad,-
- shall not engage in any commercial activity;
- activities and the nature of the specified income shall remain unchanged throughout the financial years; and
- shall file return of income in accordance with the provision of clause (g) of sub-section (4C) of section 139 of the Income-tax Act, 1961.
- This notification shall apply with respect to the assessment year 2019-2020, 2020-2021, 2021-2022, 2022-2023 and 2023-2024.