Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs
New Delhi, the 19th June, 2018
G.S.R……(E).- In exercise of the powers conferred by section 164 of the Central Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017 (12 of 2017), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Central Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017, namely:-
- These rules may be called the Central Goods and Services Tax (Sixth Amendment) Rules, 2018.
- Save as otherwise provided in these rules, they shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
- In the Central Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017, –
- in rule 58, after sub-rule (1), the following sub-rule shall be inserted, namely:-
“(1A) For the purposes of Chapter XVI of these rules, a transporter who is registered in more than one State or Union Territory having the same Permanent Account Number, he may apply for a unique common enrolment number by submitting the details in FORM GST ENR-02 using any one of his Goods and Services Tax Identification Numbers, and upon validation of the details furnished, a unique common enrolment number shall be generated and communicated to the said transporter:
Provided that where the said transporter has obtained a unique common enrolment number, he shall not be eligible to use any of the Goods and Services Tax Identification Numbers for the purposes of the said Chapter XVI.”;
(ii) in rule 138C, after sub-rule (1), the following proviso shall be inserted, namely:-
“Provided that where the circumstances so warrant, the Commissioner, or any other
officer authorized by him, may, on sufficient cause being shown, extend the time for
recording of the final report in Part B of FORM EWB-03, for a further period not
exceeding three days.
Explanation.- The period of twenty four hours or, as the case may be, three days shall be counted from the midnight of the date on which the vehicle was intercepted.”;
- in rule 142, in sub-rule (5), after the words and figures “of section 76”, the words and figures “or section 129 or section 130” shall be inserted;
- after FORM GST ENR-01, the following FORM shall be inserted, namely:-
[See Rule 58(1A)]
Application for obtaining unique common enrolment number
1. (a) Legal name
2. Details of registrations having the same PAN
I hereby solemnly affirm and declare that the information given herein above is true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief and nothing has been concealed therefrom.
|Place:||Name of Authorised Signatory|
|For office use –|
|Enrolment no. –||Date –||.”|
[F. No.349/58/2017-GST (Pt.)]
(Dr. Sreeparvathy S.L)
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Note:- The principal rules were published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, Section 3, Sub-section (i) vide notification No. 3/2017-Central Tax, dated the 19th June, 2017, published vide number G.S.R 610 (E), dated the 19th June, 2017 and last amended vide notification No. 26/2018-Central Tax, dated the 13th June, 2018, published vide number G.S.R 549(E), dated the 13th June, 2018.