(Department of Revenue)
(CENTRAL BOARD OF DIRECT TAXES)
New Delhi, the 23rd June, 2020
S.O. 2015(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (46) of section 10 of the Income-tax Act,1961 (43 of 1961), the Central Government hereby notifies for the purposes of the said clause, ‘Maharashtra Electricity Regulatory Commission’, Mumbai (PAN AAAGM0004R), a commission established by the State Government of Maharashtra, in respect of the following specified income arising to that Commission, namely:-
- Grants from Government of Maharashtra;
- Fees for annual license;
- Interest on Fixed Deposit and Savings Account;
- Fees for application/petition filed;
- Fees for Documents;
- Penalty for delayed payment of Annual License Fees;
- Fees for RTI;
- Sale of Scrap;
- Interest on Loans and Advances given to employees;
- Fees for annual performance review;
- Fees for determination of tariff; and
- Fees for initial license.
[भाग II—खण्ड 3(ii)] भारत का रािपत्र : असाधारण 3
- This notification shall be effective subject to the conditions that Maharashtra Electricity Regulatory Commission, Mumbai,-
- shall not engage in any commercial activity;
- activities and the nature of the specified income shall remain unchanged throughout the financial years; and
- shall file return of income in accordance with the provision of clause (g) of sub-section (4C) of section 139 of the Income-tax Act, 1961.
- shall file the Audit report along with the Return, duly verified by the accountant as provided in explanation to section 288(2) of the Income-tax Act, 1961 along with a certificate from the chartered accountant that the above conditions are satisfied.
- This notification shall apply with respect to the assessment years 2021-2022, 2022-2023, 2023-2024, 2024-2025 and 2025-2026.
PRAJNA PARAMITA, Director