(Department of Revenue)
(CENTRAL BOARD OF DIRECT TAXES)
New Delhi, the 23rd May, 2019
S.O. 1801(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (46) of section 10 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961), the Central Government hereby notifies for the purposes of the said clause, ‘All India Council for Technical Education’, New Delhi, a Council established by the Central Government, in respect of the following specified income arising to that council, namely:-
- Grants/subsidies received from the Government/ Govt. bodies;
- Regulatory Charges;
- RTI fee and Examination fee;
- CMAT/GPAT fee;
- Receipts from sale of forms, materials and tender fee;
- Receipts from disposal of scrap; and
- Interest earned on (a) to (f) above.
- This notification shall be effective subject to the conditions that All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi-
- shall not engage in any commercial activity;
- activities and the nature of the specified income shall remain unchanged throughout the financial years; and
- shall file return of income in accordance with the provision of clause (g) of sub-section (4C) of section 139 of the Income-tax Act, 1961.
- This notification shall apply with respect to the assessment year 2019-2020, 2020-2021, 2021-2022,
2022-2023 and 2023-2024.
RAJARAJESWARI R., Under Secy.