MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Revenue)
(Central Board of Direct Taxes)
New Delhi, the 14th September, 2018
S.O. 4863(E).— In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (46) of section 10 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961), the Central Government hereby notifies for the purposes of the said clause, ‘Tripura Electricity Regulatory Commission’, a commission constituted by the State Government of Tripura, in respect of the following specified income arising to the said Commission, namely:–
- Grants received from State Government;
- Annual License fee under Electricity Act, 2003;
- Petition fees under Electricity Act, 2003;
- Tender fee/Earnest money; and
- Interest on (a) to (d) above.
- This notification shall be effective subject to the conditions that Tripura State Electricity Regulatory Commission –
- shall not engage in any commercial activity;
- activities and the nature of the specified income shall remain unchanged throughout the financial years; and
¹Hkkx IIµ[k.M 3(ii)º Hkkjr dk jkti=k % vlk/kj.k 3
- shall file return of income in accordance with the provision of clause (g) of sub-section (4C) of section 139 of the Income-tax Act, 1961.
- This notification shall be deemed to have been applied for the assessment year 2018-19 and shall apply with respect to the assessment years 2019-20, 2020-21, 2021-22 and 2022-23.
VINAY SHEEL GAUTAM, Under Secy.
Explanatory Memorandum: It is certified that no person is being adversely affected by giving retrospective effect to this notification.