MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Revenue)
(Central Board of Direct Taxes)
New Delhi, the 14th September, 2018
S.O. 4864(E).— In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (46) of section 10 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961), the Central Government hereby notifies for the purposes of the said clause, ‘West Bengal State Council of Science & Technology’, Kolkata, a society constituted by the Government of West Bengal, in respect of the following specified income arising to that Society, namely:–
- Grants received from Central & State Governments;
- Course fees from Research Fellow;
- Receipts from Sale of Maps & Patent searching report;
- Receipts from Sale of plants; and
- Interest earned on (a) to (d) above.
- This notification shall be effective subject to the conditions that West Bengal State Council of Science & Technology, Kolkata,-
- shall not engage in any commercial activity;
- activities and the nature of the specified income shall remain unchanged throughout the financial years; and
¹Hkkx IIµ[k.M 3(ii)º Hkkjr dk jkti=k % vlk/kj.k 3
- shall file return of income in accordance with the provision of clause (g) of sub- section (4C) of section 139 of the Income-tax Act, 1961.
- This notification shall be deemed to have been applied for the assessment years 2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19 and shall apply with respect to the assessment years 2019-20 and 2020-21.
VINAY SHEEL GAUTAM, Under Secy.
Explanatory Memorandum: It is certified that no person is being adversely affected by giving retrospective effect to this notification.