MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Revenue)
(CENTRAL BOARD OF DIRECT TAXES)
New Delhi, the 14th September, 2018
S.O. 4866(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (46) of section 10 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961), the Central Government hereby notifies for the purposes of the said clause, ‘Tamil Nadu Water Supply and Drainage Board’, a board constituted under the Tamil Nadu Water Supply and Drainage Board Act, 1970 (Tamil Nadu Act 4 of 1971), in respect of the following specified income arising to that board, namely:-
- Grant from Government/Local Bodies (Deficit on Operation and Maintenance of CWSS);
- Investigation Charges for Water Supply Scheme and Under Ground Sewerage Scheme;
- Centage at rates prescribed by the Government of Tamil Nadu;
- Water charges (Water Tariff fixed by the Govt. of Tamil Nadu) collected from local bodies for bulk water supply;
- Receipts from Pension and gratuity contribution;
- Receipts from Hire Charges, sale of Tender Schedule, Geological Survey Income, Contractor/Firm Registration fees, Fine for slow progress, Forfeiture of Security Deposit, Supervision charges, Sale of Waste Papers, Sale of used Assets, Publication Subscription, Field Testing Kits, Water Testing Charges, Material Testing Charges, Fuel Charges from Local bodies for operation of Generator for CWSS ;
- Interest earned on (a) to (f) above.
- This notification shall be effective subject to the conditions that Tamil Nadu Water Supply and Drainage Board –
- shall not engage in any commercial activity;
- activities and the nature of the specified income shall remain unchanged throughout the financial years; and
- shall file return of income in accordance with the provision of clause (g) of sub-section (4C) of section 139 of the Income-tax Act, 1961.
- This notification shall apply with respect to the Assessment years 2019-2020, 2020-2021, 2021-2022, 2022-2023 and 2023-2024.
VINAY SHEEL GAUTAM, Under Secy.