MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Revenue)
(CENTRAL BOARD OF DIRECT TAXES)
New Delhi, the 14th September, 2018
S.O. 4867(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (46) of section 10 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961), the Central Government hereby notifies for the purposes of the said clause, the State Load Dispatch Centre Unscheduled Interchange Fund- West Bengal State Electricity Transmission Company Limited (PAN AAIAS0980J), a trust constituted under the Electricity Act, 2003 (36 of 2003) in respect of the following specified income arising to that trust, namely:-
- Residual money in the unscheduled interchange pool balance account;
- Income incidental to or related to unscheduled interchange; and
- Interest on fixed deposits and auto-sweep accounts.
- This notification shall be effective subject to the conditions that the State Load Dispatch Centre Unscheduled Interchange Fund- West Bengal State Electricity Transmission Company Limited (PAN AAIAS0980J),-
- shall not engage in any commercial activity;
- activities and the nature of the specified income shall remain unchanged throughout the financial years; and
- shall file return of income in accordance with the provision of clause (g) of sub-section (4C) of section 139 of the Income-tax Act, 1961.
- This notification shall be deemed to have been applied for the assessment year 2018-2019 and shall apply with respect to the assessment years 2019-2020, 2020-2021, 2021-2022 and 2022-2023.
[Notification No. 53/2018/F. No. 300196/41/2017-ITA-I]
VINAY SHEEL GAUTAM, Under Secy.
Explanatory Memorandum:-It is certified that no person is being adversely affected by giving retrospective effect to this notification.