MINISTRY OF FINANCE
Department of Revenue
(CENTRAL BOARD OF DIRECT TAXES)
New Delhi, the 22nd October, 2018
S.O. 5366(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (46) of section 10 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961), the Central Government hereby notifies for the purposes of the said clause, ‘West Bengal Unorganized Sector Workers Welfare Board’, Kolkata, a board constituted by the Government of West Bengal, in respect of the following specified income arising to that board, namely:—
- Grant-in-Aid received from Government;
- Registration fee and Monthly/yearly Subscription collected from the registered workers; and
- Interest earned on (a) and (b) above.
- This notification shall be effective subject to the conditions that West Bengal Unorganized Sector Workers Welfare Board, Kolkata,-
- shall not engage in any commercial activity;
- activities and the nature of the specified income shall remain unchanged throughout the financial years; and
- shall file return of income in accordance with the provision of clause (g) of sub-section (4C) of section 139 of the Income-tax Act, 1961.
- This notification shall be deemed to have been applied for the assessment year 2018-2019 and shall apply with respect to the assessment years 2019-2020, 2020-2021, 2021-2022 and 2022-23.
VINAY SHEEL GAUTAM, Under Secy.
Explanatory Memorandum: It is certified that no person is being adversely affected by giving retrospective effect to this notification.