MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Revenue)
(CENTRAL BOARD OF DIRECT TAXES)
New Delhi, the 16th February, 2018.
S.O. 696(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (46) of section 10 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961), the Central Government hereby notifies for the purposes of the said clause, the ‘Maharashtra Electricity Regulatory Commission’, a Commission constituted by the State Government of Maharashtra, in respect of the following specified income arising to that Commission, namely:-
- Fees for Annual License;
- Interest on Fixed Deposit and Savings Account;
- Fees for Application / Petition filed;
- Grants from Government of Maharashtra;
- Fees for Documents;
- Penalty for delayed payment of Annual License Fees;
- Fees for RTI;
- Sale of scrap.
- This notification shall be deemed to have been applied for the period 01.06.2011 to 31.03.2012 and for the financial years 2012-13 to 2014-15.
- This Notification shall be effective subject to the following conditions, namely:-
- the ‘Maharashtra Electricity Regulatory Commission’ does not engage in any commercial activity;
- the activities and the nature of the specified income of ‘Maharashtra Electricity Regulatory Commission’ remain unchanged throughout the financial years; and
¹Hkkx IIµ[k.M 3(ii)º Hkkjr dk jkti=k % vlk/kj.k 3
- the ‘Maharashtra Electricity Regulatory Commission’ files returns of income in accordance with the provision of clause (g) of sub-section (4C) of section 139 of the Act, Income-tax Act, 1961.
ROHIT GARG, Director
Explanatory Memorandum : It is certified that no person is being adversely affected by giving retrospective effect to this notification.