(Department of Revenue)
(Central Board of Direct Taxes)
New Delhi, the 22nd October, 2020.
G.S.R. 664(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) of section 295 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961), the Central Board of Direct Taxes hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Income-tax Rules, 1962, namely:-
- Short title and Commencement.- (1) These rules may be called the Income-tax (23rd Amendment) Rules, 2020.
(2) They shall come into force from the 1st day of April, 2021.
- In the Income-tax Rules, 1962, in rule 67, in sub-rule (2), ‒
- in the fifth proviso, for the letters “AA”, the letter “A” shall be substituted;
- in the eighth proviso, for the letters, “AA”, the letter “A” shall be substituted; and
- in the eleventh proviso, for the letters, “AA” occurring at both the places, the letter “A” shall be substituted.
GUDRUN NEHAR, Director (TPL-II)
Note: The principal rules were published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part-II, Section-3, Sub-section (ii) vide number S.O. 969 (E), dated the 26th March, 1962 and last amended vide notification number G.S.R No.610 (E) dated 1st October, 2020.
Vide Notification No. 84 /2020, dated 22 October, 2020, Rule 67 of the Income-tax Rules, 1962 has been amended. The said amendment shall be effective from Assessment Year 2021-22 and subsequent years.